[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 15 14:26:26 UTC 2015

On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, Rob McGee wrote:

> One might ask, why do you need Cyrus SASL if you have Dovecot installed?

Rob,

   That's two of us asking. I need Cyrus SASL because if I specify
SASL=dovecot postfix will not start.

> Typically you do not; only in the less usual case of Postfix having to
> authenticate at an upstream relay, would Cyrus become necessary.

   My outbound mail must be relayed through my ISP, but not the inbound. I
would prefer to not use Cyrus.

> All the details are here:
>    http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

   I've read that several times.

   Let me build -3.0.0 with SASL=dovecot and upgrade. Then when I run
'/etc/rc.d/rc.postfix start' I'll capture what /var/log/maillog shows and
post that here. Will that help?

Thanks,

Rich