[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild helper script

Enguerrand de Rochefort slackbuilds at rochefort.de
Sat Feb 21 20:59:57 UTC 2015

Hi Karel

One comment I have after scanning through your code is that I like the option to download (even recursively) without actually compiling. I should probably include something similar...
I take it you made this possible (among other reasons) to be able to apply patches before compiling.

One thing I wanted to be able to do was to have patches / customization tweaks being applied automatically everytime I compile a package, (i.e. everytime I upgrade it).
So I am putting patch scripts at a central location that are named after the package name. The install function looks for a patch script once the slackbuild tarball is unpacked and asks me if I want to apply it...

I think I might look into your code again when I get started with recursive dependency resolution. I saw the postinstall function that looks for changes in the profile, that's definitely one thing I'd have missed in the first attempt, so thanks a lot for sharing.