[Slackbuilds-users] Running Skype on -14.1?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 23 00:30:40 UTC 2015

   My friend needs to use Skype for a course so I installed 4.3.0.37 from SBo
(along with the multilib libraries, of course). It won't run. Eric's blog
from last June notes that M$ dropped ALSA support from Skype in favor of
their PulseAudio.

   Assuming that I install pulseaudio-5.0 from SBo (plus the two
dependencies), could we expect Skype to work?

   Has anyone experience with Skype on 14.1 with Xfce, or advice to share
with us?

TIA,

Rich