[Slackbuilds-users] Running Skype on -14.1? [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Feb 28 17:56:14 UTC 2015

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Before I mess up the laptop, is there a better way to ditch multilib
> other than inserting the distribution dvd and running 'updatepkg
> --reinstall ' for all gcc, glibc, and other files?

   Nevermind. The version of apulse in the SBo repository automagically
recognizes the presence of the multilib libraries and builds to accommodate
them. I wrote a shell script attached to a panel icon so that skype is now
invoked as "... apulse skype -U".

   Will soon learn if that solves the problem

Thanks,

Rich