[Slackbuilds-users] squid options

xgizzmo at gmail.com xgizzmo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:24:23 UTC 2015

On Saturday 03 January 2015 08:15:00 Helmut Hullen wrote:
> Hallo, slackbuilds-users,
>
> could it be that in the squid SBo packet the
>
>         /usr/libexec/basic_*_auth
>
> files must have the suid flag?
>
> I use the "getpwnam" file, and without this flag the acl
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/libexec/basic_getpwnam_auth /etc/shadow
>
> produces strange error messages (it tells that there are not enough
> basic children).
>
> Viele Gruesse!
> Helmut

From the man page Quote:
" When used for authenticating to local UNIX shadow password databases the
  program must be running as root or else it won’t have sufficient
  permissions to access the user password database. Such use of this
  program is not recommended, but if you absolutely need to then make
  the program setuid root. "

Obviously we won't do this in the slackbuild, the sysadmin can make
that choice.

--dsomero