[Slackbuilds-users] unison slackbuild - triggers fatal error for windows binaries that are compiled using oclam3

Henkjan h.gersen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:54:47 UTC 2015

Last week I upgraded unison on slackware without paying attention and when I today tried to sync machines this triggered a scary fatal error when trying to sync a windows laptop running a precompiled 2.40.63. It turns out that the windows binaries are compiled using oclam3 while the slackbuild now uses oclam4.

The problem I experienced and the suggested solution is in the following topic on the unison mailing list:

Upgrading the slackbuild to 3.4.102 indeed works again for me; no other changes needed to the slackbuild (it still needs the patch that is being applied). I didn't try a later version number; however seeing this problem it might be worth upgrading the version currently available on slackbuilds.org to 3.4.102 to prevent others having the same scary experience. ;)