[Slackbuilds-users] libncurses / libtinfo

Mikko Varri vmj at linuxbox.fi
Sun Jan 11 20:36:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 07:33:53PM -0500, B Watson wrote:
> On 1/5/15, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
>
> > However, the second best solution IMHO, and the one that will be needed
> > for 14.1, is to create a separate "package" at SlackBuilds.org that
> > is basically just a symlink and a README into the docs directory that
> > explains why it's there.  Feel free to submit a "libtinfo" package. :-)
>
> This seems like it might be a bad idea. I can imagine some configure
> script detecting that libtinfo.so is found, and getting  confused...

Good point.  I already built the ghc package with REQUIRES="libtinfo",
but I haven't submitted either.

Also, I'm afraid some of the sbo build tools might reject the empty
DOWNLOAD in libtinfo.info.  My own script did :)

> Maybe for  the binary build of ghc, a better solution would be to stick
> the libtinfo.so symlink in a private lib dir

> Maybe it's worth bootstrapping it.

Both of your suggestions seem better, so I'll try them.  You're right
about the reason for using bindist.

-vmj