[Slackbuilds-users] PostgreSQL & /usr/share/postgresql

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Tue Jan 20 10:35:15 UTC 2015

Hello there,

I noticed a minor problem with the PostgreSQL SlackBuild.

The script installs all libs and binaries into a path containing the
version number, e.g. /usr/lib64/postgresql/9.4. This allows a parallel
install of two versions which is required for the pg_upgrade utility.

As I now noticed the files in /usr/share/postgresql are version dependent,
too. Installing 9.4 overwrote the 'Default' time zone set, but 9.3
couldn't parse the enhanced syntax and pg_upgrade failed.

I'd suggest adding "--datadir=/usr/share/$PRGNAM/$PG_VERSION" to the
SlackBuild's configure call. This will keep extensions, time zone sets and
auxilliary files for text search separate between versions.