[Slackbuilds-users] eyeD3 requires...

andrew andrew.david.strong at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 01:13:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 06:36:28AM +0700, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> >> the script will DOWNLOAD python-magic if it's not installed
> >> during build this is something we tried to avoid since users
> >> might not be aware all downloadable source must be present in the
> >> DOWNLOAD or REQUIRES
> >
> > But I believe this is only if eyeD3 is installed using pip
> > directly? The slackbuild I have submitted does not use pip and does
> > not install or use python-magic.
>
> run the slackbuild and see the build output
> it will download them and install them (python-magic)

My deep apologies Willy! Of course when I looked at the output
properly I saw:

--------------------
eyeD3-0.7.5/src/eyed3/info.py
Searching for python-magic
Reading https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-magic/
Best match: python-magic 0.4.6
Downloading https://pypi.python.org/packages/2.7/p/python-magic/python_magic-0.4.6-py2.7.egg#md5=b016ddfa7d1e3d888eb64f3e8e44d933
Processing python_magic-0.4.6-py2.7.egg
Moving python_magic-0.4.6-py2.7.egg to /tmp/SBo/eyeD3-0.7.5/.eggs

Thank you for catching this error in my script and thank you for all
of your work :).

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?