[Slackbuilds-users] screenfetch could not build

T3slider t3slider at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 20:05:27 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 08:38:41PM +0100, Bojan Popovic wrote:
> It's much easier to state the changes somewhere obvious then searching
> through the logs after every SBo update.
>
> I ask for them to document it when they change things whithout my
> knowledge (or as it happened several times before whithout asking) so I
> am aware of that when making future changes to the scripts. That's not
> much. And it's polite thing to do.

I think the burden on admins is high enough and Willy has been doing an
amazing job at keeping the pending queue empty. Contacting a maintainer
after modifying anything would take too much effort and documenting any
changes in the script inflates it for no reason (the git log already
does this quite well).

I personally maintain a local git repo for any SlackBuilds I maintain,
and before making any changes for future submission I just download the
SlackBuild's tarball from SBo and diff the files to see upstream
changes. This takes under a minute for the maintainer and lets the
admins continue on as they have been without any additional effort.

I really don't see a problem with things as they are...