[Slackbuilds-users] Applications that depend on ffmpeg

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 10:22:15 UTC 2015

> I'm considering upgrading ffmpeg from 2.1.5 to 2.6.3. Do I have to
> rebuild every single package that depends on it, like FreeRDP, Audacity,
> etc.?

you most probably will have to rebuild the ones that link to its
libraries (most of them, I think), or you might hit, for example, some
"undefined function" error.
you won't need to rebuild the ones that use just the ffmpeg binary (I
don't recall any, ATM), assuming the parameters they pass it are
compatible with the ones supported by the new version.

Matteo