[Slackbuilds-users] nginx permissions?

Miguel De Anda miguel at thedeanda.com
Wed Jul 8 20:31:39 UTC 2015

I just had to rebuild my nginx machine and I ran into this issue
again! I managed to fix it this time with a:

chmod 755 /var/lib/nginx

I notice the buildscript set it to 700. I simply installed it via
slackrepo using nothing but defaults so nginx runs as user nobody.

Might be worth checking out to prevent future issues.