[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Mon Jun 1 14:30:34 UTC 2015

On Saturday 23 May 2015 19:33:01 Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I got more and more requests from people about an update for the ffmpeg
> version we have in the repo as it is already quite a bit dated. Usually I
> wait until a new Slackware release with the update, since verifying
> everything still builds with it is easier this way. Even more so since the
> amount of packages depending/using ffmpeg grew so large that testing it all
> by myself is no longer feasible.
>
> However, while the next Slackware release is definitely closer than it was a
> couple months ago, I guess it's still a ways off. So I figured we might as
> well try to test the update in a "crowdsourced" fashion and see how that
> goes :)
>
> I pushed a branch with my changes to github. You can find it here:
>
> https://github.com/pprkut/SlackBuilds/tree/ffmpeg
>
> This contains an updated ffmpeg (2.6.3), x264 (20150223) and
> ffmpegthumbnailer (2.0.10) as well as build fixes for transcode.
>
> What remains is testing all the remaining scripts to make sure nothing
> breaks.

Things look pretty good now. Afaict everything has been tested, problems have
been identified and patches have been found.

My plan would be to have my updates included in the next SBo update (pending
approval). I would therefore like to ask the respective maintainers of the
scripts in need of patches to submit their updates as well.

Alternatively we can prepare a branch with the patches provided by John Vogel
and David Spencer. That is fine with me as well, but I would prefer updates
coming directly from the maintainers.

On Thursday 28 May 2015 17:53:47 David Spencer wrote:
> The problems were fixed as follows:
>
> audio/audacity -- fixed with John V's patch
> audio/mpd -- fixed with John V's upversion
> games/alephone -- fixed with John V's patch on 14.1 *but* fails on -current
> multimedia/bombono-dvd -- fixed with John V's patch
> multimedia/cinelerra -- needs lame and x264 in REQUIRES

Grs,
Heinz