[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 3 11:01:55 UTC 2015

On 3 June 2015 at 03:07, Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Please try both patches - in the absence of any problems found with them,
> I'm happy to include both patches in the vlc 2.1.6 SlackBuild to support new
> ffmpeg-2.6.3.

#BuildsForMe ;-)

Thanks Chris, this is awesome!

Just one unrelated observation -- in doinst.sh.in,
/usr/lib%LIBDIRSUFFIX%/vlc/vlc-cache-gen needs to have the leading '/'
removed -- the other commands like /usr/bin/update-mime-database do
need '/', but vlc-cache-gen itself is installed to $ROOT
("install/doinst.sh: line 16: /usr/lib/vlc/vlc-cache-gen: No such file
or directory")

Anyway, now there are no more significant build problems here...
Thanks everybody
-D.