[Slackbuilds-users] gtkam translations not working

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Thu Jun 4 17:05:14 UTC 2015

Le 29/05/2015 15:52, Niki Kovacs a écrit :
> I just installed Gtkam 0.2.0 from SBo. Previous versions of Gtkam didn't
> support my Nikon 3100 camera and simply crashed. This version at last
> seems to work.
>
> One thing that's odd. After peeking in the source code's po/ directory,
> the french translation seems to be fairly complete. On the other hand,
> the whole application displays in english in my environment (Xfce 4.12
> with LANG set to fr_FR.utf8).
>
> I checked the SlackBuild to see if there's any --disable-nls or similar
> option, but there doesn't seem to be one.
>
> Any idea how I can make my application work in French?

I'll answer that myself, since I just figured it out.

First of all, Gtkam is abandonware, though it still works.

I've added a total of four patches from Arch AUR, as well as the
complete french translation, which hasn't been included in the tarball,
though the release dates back to 2012.

http://www.microlinux.fr/microlinux/desktop-14.1-source/gtkam/

Maybe the Gtkam maintainer could merge this stuff in his SlackBuild?

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr