[Slackbuilds-users] sbodeps: heretically convenient dependency resolution for sbopkg

Martijn Dekker martijn at inlv.org
Mon Jun 15 01:13:20 UTC 2015

Announcing sbodeps: a heretically convenient dependency resolver for sbopkg.

It doesn't require generating and storing queue files in advance.
Instead, it very quickly (roughly 100 times as fast as sqg[*]) does the
dependency resolution for one or more packages on demand, and then
(given -i) simply passes them to sbopkg on the command line as multiple
-i arguments, in a correct build order, without involving a queue file
at all.

By default, if given only one or more package names, it outputs a build
queue to standard output, but it can also store them. For installing a
package and its dependencies while skipping the queue altogether, simply
type "sbodeps -i mypackage" instead of "sbopkg -i mypackage". (And there
is your rpm/deb-style automated dependency resolution. Blasphemy,
right?) It also supports removing a package and its dependencies, with
an appropriate warning. It's got a -h/--help option that explains the
options.

Perhaps someone will enjoy this. I might like to tweak this some more if
anyone has ideas or wishes. Please send me any suggestions for
improvement, or just fork it and hack away.

Get it at: https://github.com/McDutchie/sbodeps

Thanks,

- M.

[*]
# time sbodeps -a spamassassin
perl-http-date
perl-file-listing
perl-encode-locale
perl-html-tagset
perl-html-parser
perl-lwp-mediatypes
perl-IO-HTML
perl-http-message
perl-http-cookies
perl-http-daemon
perl-http-negotiate
perl-net-http
perl-www-robotrules
libwww-perl
perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-Bignum
perl-Encode-Detect
perl-Socket6
perl-IO-Socket-INET6
Net-SSLeay
perl-Net-LibIDN
perl-IO-Socket-SSL
perl-Geography-Countries
perl-IP-Country
perl-Image-Info
perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-Random
perl-Crypt-OpenSSL-RSA
perl-TimeDate
perl-MailTools
perl-digest-sha1
perl-digest-hmac
perl-net-ip
perl-net-dns
perl-Mail-DKIM
perl-Net-DNS-Resolver-Programmable
perl-NetAddr-IP
perl-Mail-SPF
perl-Net-Ident
perl-Net-Server
pysetuptools
pyzor
re2c
spamassassin

real    0m0.135s
user    0m0.054s
sys     0m0.023s
# time /usr/doc/sbopkg-0.37.0/contrib/sqg -p spamassassin
Processing spamassassin.
Done.

real    0m13.353s
user    0m3.755s