[Slackbuilds-users] Upgrading Postgres

Adis Nezirovic adis at linux.org.ba
Sun Mar 15 15:12:02 UTC 2015

Rich,

There are some details about upgrade procedure in README.SBo file, you
can try to follow them if you want to use pg_upgrade. If you want to
use pg_dump, then after you create the dump, you can upgrade
PostgreSQL package and load sql into new

Regarding the directories in /var/lib/pgsql, generally, it is not
necessary to run pg_dump/pg_restore or pg_upgrade for patch version
upgrades, so instead of /var/lib/pgsql/$MAJOR.$MINOR.$PATCH, the
directory only contains $MAJOR.$MINOR, and you don't need to change
anything in SlackBuild.

Please copy database dump to some safe directory before running
upgrade scripts, in case something goes wrong :-)
If you need additional help, feel free to ask either on the list or on
my private email.

Best regards,
Adis