[Slackbuilds-users] [PB] [slock] do not work since latest SBo update.

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Mon Mar 16 06:44:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 06:55:58 +0100
Xavier Maillard <xavier at maillard.im> wrote:

> I have just upgraded slock to the latest version on SBo (1.2) and I
> am no longer able to use it.
>
> Here is what I got:
>
> cannot disable the out-of-memory killer for this process
>
> It used to work with 1.1 version.
>
> What's wrong with my setup ?

Nothing. slock-1.2 has a change in it to set its OOM score such
that an out-of-memory situation won't kill the screenlocker.
It's not a terrible idea, of course, but one side effect is that
making the slock binary sgid shadow isn't good enough any more -
it needs root privs to do the oom adjustment. I just pushed a fix
to my git branch, but in the meantime, you can do this to fix it:

  chown root:root /usr/bin/slock
  chmod 4755 /usr/bin/slock

-RW