[Slackbuilds-users] Content-Disposition header

andrew andrew.david.strong at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 23:44:41 UTC 2015

I am currently preparing an update to libfdk-aac and I have
encountered a problem with the use of a Content-Disposition header at
codeload.github.com.

The source download link is:

https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/archive/v0.1.3.tar.gz

and if a stock slackware wget is used the source name is
v0.1.3.tar.gz. However if a browser is used the Content-Disposition
header produces a downloaded source of fdk-aac-0.1.4.tar.gz.

Some detective work shows where the file actually resides:

andrew at ilium~$ curl --silent --head https://github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/archive/v0.1.4.tar.gz | grep Location
Location: https://codeload.github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/tar.gz/v0.1.4

and the final step shows the renaming:

andrew at ilium~$ curl --silent --head https://codeload.github.com/mstorsjo/fdk-aac/tar.gz/v0.1.4 | grep "Content-Disposition"

Now there is an option for wget which I personally use:

--content-disposition

but this is marked as experimental and I accept that this cannot be
considered standard usage. But I remain a little puzzled as to the
best naming convention for this and probably other slackbuilds scripts
where the Browser download and standard wget download will generate
different filenames.

Thanks for any input,

Andrew
--
You think that's air you're breathing now?