[Slackbuilds-users] webkitgtk3 build error

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 16:17:27 UTC 2015

> problem fixed. The feb2014 cairo patch/update from slackware.com is an extra
> on top of the original (slack14.1 release) cairo package. (the library name
> under /usr/lib are different libcairo.so for the original and
> cairo-sphinx.so for the patched cairo.) I had removed the original when I
> installed the update/patch. The original cairo needs to be installed for
> webkitgtk3 to compile, and if it was removed (after the patch/update was
> installed), then it needs to be reinstalled, and the patch installed
> afterwards.
> It may mean that the patched cairo (on it's own) is not compatible with
> webkitgtk3 because of the change in library name.

my VM was patched using the latest update from -stable release
my guess is that you have some packages that are still linked to the
old cairo, so it failed when you try to build webkitgtk3.
You only need to recompile all the deps and it should be OK

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo
Personal Blog : http://willysr.blogspot.com