[Slackbuilds-users] Github file name issue

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Mon May 25 01:49:16 UTC 2015

Hello there,

A user of one of my SlackBuilds discovered an interesting problem:

If you follow the download link from the info file, pointing to a release
on Github, you'll end up with different filenames depending on whether you
use a browser or a tool like 'wget', thanks to a 'Content-Disposition'
header. E.g.:

'Release' link on Github:
https://github.com/BlackIkeEagle/par2cmdline/archive/v0.6.11.tar.gz

As expected, wget will save the archive as 'v0.6.11.tar.gz'. However,
Firefox will save it as 'par2cmdline-0.6.11.tar.gz', so anybody following
the download link from the slackbuilds.org web site will get a non-working
build. Most of the Github links I've checked behave this way.

What would be a good way to handle this? Editing the SlackBuild script to
handle both names doesn't seem very desirable. Do we have to resort to
self hosting?