[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Tue May 26 10:06:13 UTC 2015

On 26/05/15 17:24, Christoph Willing wrote:
> Hi Heinz,
>
> Since you're updating the SlackBuild, I wonder if you would consider a
> change to the way optional features are handled?
>
> Unlike many other softwares, ffmpeg is quite good at detecting any
> necessary support packages needed to enable the various features. It
> assumes (and I believe this is a good assumption) that if all the
> conditions for a particular feature are present on the build machine,
> then that feature will be enabled unless it has been specifically
> disabled in the ./configure ... line.
>
> At the moment many features are disabled in the SlackBuild by lines like:
> libfrei0r=""; [ "${FREI0R:-no}" != "no" ] && libfrei0r="--enable-frei0r"
>
> Would you consider removing all those lines so that all available
> features can be enabled rather than disabled? At the moment I have to
> edit the SlackBuild quite a bit, or have a very long (error prone)
> command line to re-enable all the features that should be included.

I'm sorry, that's actually a dopey request. I've had my version edited
for so long (to set all those options to "yes") that I thought it would
be good just to remove all the option setting code without realising
that these are options that ffmpeg does _not_ detect automagically.

Therefore, could I request instead that those options default to "yes"?
It would also need the relevant packages names added to the .info file.

chris