[Slackbuilds-users] jack-audio-connection-kit vs jack2

Marcel Saegebarth marc at mos6581.de
Thu May 28 08:11:11 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 06:56 AM, Klaatu wrote:

> 1. list both jack;audio-connection-kit and jack2 in the README file if
> your package requires JACK
>
> or...
>
> 2. re-structure the jack-audio-connection-kit and jack2 scripts such
> that they become one and the same script, by which the user can choose
> to build either jack1 or jack2, depending on their requirements. This
> solution would obviously require agreement between the maintainers of
> those scripts.

IMHO I don't see a reason to merge both into one SlackBuild.
I would say that JACK users are well aware that two versions exist and
this is also a decision from the upstream maintainers and those who
don't use JACK won't use it as it is may just a hard dependency from the
maintainer.
Also, both versions quite differ on some situations as you've stated
with the link to the JACK FAQ. It's not just a question of
dependencies.