[Slackbuilds-users] jack-audio-connection-kit vs jack2

Brad Ely elyb at ioplasm.net
Thu May 28 13:11:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, 28 May 2015 22:05:51 +1200
Klaatu <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com> wrote:

> On 05/28/2015 08:14 PM, David Spencer wrote:
> >> 2. re-structure the jack-audio-connection-kit and jack2 scripts
> >> such that they become one and the same script, by which the user
> >> can choose to build either jack1 or jack2, depending on their
> >> requirements.
> >
> > What would be in DOWNLOAD= and VERSION=?
> >
> > -D.
>
> Oh, duh. You're right. I guess that wouldn't work.
>
> -klaatu

Just thinking out loud...  You could have the separate scripts for jack1
and jack2 with their associated .info files set up as dependencies of
a jack-common (or whatever) build script which requires an argument to
select the version desired.  Perhaps build information could be passed
via environment variables?

--
Brad Ely