[Slackbuilds-users] README [fork of Re: jack-audio-connection-kit vs jack2]

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Thu May 28 13:55:44 UTC 2015

On 05/29/2015 12:20 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> I think in the future, I'll use %README% in REQUIRES to alert the user
>> that the version of JACK is optional.
>
> %README% is used to tell users that a package is conflicting/replacing
> Slackware packages. Other than that, users are always assumed to read
> README.

Sorry, I don't want to get side-tracked, but according to my memory of
the discussion about the REQUIRES field when its creation was being
debated, as well as http://slackbuilds.org/guidelines/ text:

"Listing '%README%' as part of REQUIRES indicates more information about
optional requirements is available in the README."

If that has changed, we should probably change the text.

-klaatu