[Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

PG Ouellette x77 at shaw.ca
Fri May 29 15:58:45 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

From: "Klaatu" <klaatu at straightedgelinux.com>
To: slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:45:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Slackbuilds-users] FFmpeg update

On 05/29/2015 04:43 PM, PG Ouellette wrote:

> [...]

Like many others, I use my own solution for automating what I need
automated. The most appealing thing about slackbuilds.org is its ability
to be done manually or scripted, and both are equal. I will always
favour the manual method, in terms of design. Let the scripters adapt to
the manual method; otherwise we run the risk of forcing people to
unravel scripts in order to do things manually, and I don't care for that.

I have not noticed any kind of failure with the tool chain, but I
suspect that this is because I use my own tool chain and perhaps you are
speaking of specific ones?

-klaatu

> unravel scripts in order to do things manually

That's how I get my hints! :)

Actually mine is not a Slackbuilds issue or even a Slackware issue, and for that I'll retract my

comment.

Even though the GNU "configure and make" fails to keep up sometimes with both hardware and

software detection, I cringe at the thought of using anything else. That's what I was on about.

--

PG Ouellette

Social Media and Internet Marketing for http://www.tgihvac.com