[Slackbuilds-users] Matplotlib Upgrade

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun May 31 16:20:52 UTC 2015

   Yesterday I upgraded numpy on two hosts (both running -14.1, one 32-bit,
the other 64-bit) to -1.9.1. Then I tried to upgrade matplotlib-1.4.2 from
-1.1.1. The upgrades failed because 'no numpy found'. Hmm-m-m.

   This morning, just for giggles, I removed numpy-1.9.1 and rebuilt it -- on
both hosts. Then the matplotlib.Slackbuild ran to completion on both.
Strange.

   I've no idea why the build script could not find the fresh numpy upgrade
the first time, but did when it was removed and re-installed. Have not seen
this before, either.

Rich