[Slackbuilds-users] PyQt4 and sip for Python2 and Python3

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue Nov 3 14:51:10 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 15:21, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I've one application used daily that requires Python3 and others that
> require Python2. Installed here are PyQt-4.11.1-i486-1python2and3 and
> sip-4.16.8-i486-1_python2and3 but I do not have the source files and
> slackbuilds scripts for either one.
>
>   I need to re-install the PyQt package to see if that fixes a sudden
> problem with the Python3-requiring application to not load and I have not
> found either source/script on SBo. Web searches also fail to find the
> sources.
>
>   Please point me to the sources for these two packages so I have them here
> and can upgrade or re-install as necessary.
Not sure I understand your request. If you are looking for the source
/slackbuild for PyQt4 there is no reason that you find it in SBo as it's
shipped in Slackware, Slackware 14.1 has the version 4.9.6 and
Slackware-current the  version 4.11.4 as shows the Slackware Pacakages
Browser:
http://packages.slackware.com/

But if you are after PyQt-4.11.1-i486-1python2and3 and/or
sip-4.16.8-i486-1_python2and3 I am afraid this list be not the good
place to ask.

All I have found is this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/wxpython-users/n1NDoJKUqkM

But I assume you opened so that won't help you.

Didier