[Slackbuilds-users] fltk in -current

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 17:40:39 UTC 2015

> So Slackware-current finally has fltk... has anyone else been going
> through their fltk-using builds, testing against Pat's extra/fltk package?
>
> Pat's fltk is 1.3, ours is 1.1... a few of mine compile with 1.3, a few
> more require some trivial patching (mostly because we have /usr/include/Fl
> as a symlink to /usr/include/FL, and Pat doesn't... and there are lots of
> #include <Fl/FL_Whatever.H>).
>
> Is the SBo fltk build going to stay in the repo, maybe renamed to fltk11
> or fltk-legacy? Or will it go away, and everything that uses fltk get
> patched to work with 1.3 (if possible)?

just some points to add to the discussion, IMHO:
- ATM we have both the version in SBo, fltk (the 1.1 branch) and
fltk13 (the 1.3 branch);
- to be fair we have also fltk2 (something like an alpha, a subversion
snapshot), that seems needed for flpsed;
- usually we have not cared for what is in /extra (look at java/jdk,
for example): if it's a dependency for something in our repository we
have provided it also if present there;
- we have a lot of stuff depending of fltk-1.1.x, I have some doubt
that everything could be patched to build with 1.3.x;
- version naming is really up to the mantainer: let's see what Luca
thinks about it (as he maintains both the versions).

Matteo