[Slackbuilds-users] SBo Mame?

Marcel Saegebarth marc at mos6581.de
Thu Oct 1 10:45:57 UTC 2015

On 10/01/2015 11:52 AM, B Watson wrote:
> The reason I haven't updated it since taking over: they rewrote the
> entire build system in Lua, and included *every* third-party library mame
> uses. So when you compile mame now, it first compiles lua, then uses
> lua scripts to compile its own static versions of things like libpng,
> zlib, libflac, sqlite3...

Yes. It was the same in the past, but at least lua seems to be new.
As far as I can see, lua is not used for building mame, but for runtime
as it's quite famous in the gaming scene.

> I was trying to come up with a way to let the new mame build system use
> the system libraries (since most of those libs are already present in
> Slackware, and the rest are on SBo already). But I'm hampered by the
> fact that I don't actually know Lua... so I put it on the backburner
> for a while (for too long, in fact).

In the older SlackBuild those bundles were disabled by passing options
to make like BUILD_<LIB>. Those have changed to USE_SYSTEM_LIB_<LIB>.

I've did no full compilation yet, but if I disable lua, compilation
fails. After installing lua from SBo, it builds fine (until the next
required lib, sqlite3 in this case).

PGP 32 bit Key ID: 0x69EC498D
PGP 64 bit Key ID: 0x8EE93B2D69EC498D
PGP Key fingerprint: D320 76CB 4053 D544 52BD D461 8EE9 3B2D 69EC 498D