[Slackbuilds-users] Pulseaudio

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 07:47:20 UTC 2015

On 10/11/15, Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> My guess is that your build environment is incomplete i.e. not a full
> Slackware installation. In particular, ensure that the bash-completion
> package is installed; its absence produces exactly the symptom you've
> described.

bash-completion is in /extra, not Slackware proper, it's not installed
when you pick "full install". If pulseaudio actually depends on it,
that fact should be mentioned in the README... but, it doesn't seem to.

I just built pulse on Slackware64 14.1 without bash-completion installed,
it didn't create any dangling symlinks in /. Instead it installed them in
/etc/bash_completion.d as expected. The directory is part of the package,
so it'll get created if it's missing, before the doinst.sh runs and
tries to create symlinks there.

Don't know what caused the original poster's problem though.