[Slackbuilds-users] audacity not compiling =|

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 02:20:13 UTC 2015

On 10/15/2015 11:35 AM, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> thank you mr. watson. it has been solved.
>>

>> Regards, mr. holmes.
>
> well, I have enough of people asking me this.
> Hope they will stop now :)
>
> http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/?id=fc78209b9f9164cc07fd6fdabe9473903d00c4d8
>
> Matteo

Hold yer horses, there, Matteo.  Not that I oppose good customer
service, but lets take a step back.  I just built audacity-2.1.0 on both
Slackware64 14.1 multilib and Slackware64 14.1 pure.  Both compiled fine
without the need for

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}"

redundancy.  I suppose it won't hurt, and some software will no doubt
need still need it, but I had hoped we had progressed beyond these
glitches that plagued SLAMD64.

Thus, I suspect that those users who complain about this have some how
fubar'ed their Slackware multilib installation.  I, for one, tend to
blame myself first when a script from SBo doesn't work; especially since
I fiddle with my main box a bit.  I now test in a clean qemu VM to be sure.

Does SBo want to have unnecessary fixes put in place to appease those
who just take some time to fix their Slackware install instead?

-Ed