[Slackbuilds-users] python3 builds of libraries

Marcel Saegebarth marc at mos6581.de
Mon Sep 7 12:03:29 UTC 2015

On 09/06/2015 10:43 AM, Daniil Bratashov wrote:
> I have to build and maintain a Gausssum software that require the
> python3 versions of matplotlib, numpy and all of its dependencies. May
> be it is worth to check if python3 is installed and build also python3
> versions of libraries if so by default?

I'd like to see any of those libs separated into 'python-' and
'python3-' as it doesn't always makes sense having both installed.
Some python2 projects have no support for python3 and vice versa and may
never be.
It's also annoying to rebuild all python packages in case it's the
first time you want to install a python3 package and it depends on many
other packages.

I actually work on a SlackBuild that depends on some python SlackBuilds
which don't support python3 yet. A lot of communication to the
maintainers is needed.

PGP 32 bit Key ID: 0x69EC498D
PGP 64 bit Key ID: 0x8EE93B2D69EC498D
PGP Key fingerprint: D320 76CB 4053 D544 52BD  D461 8EE9 3B2D 69EC 498D