[Slackbuilds-users] libtorrent and cppunit

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 20 18:02:03 UTC 2015

> I guess I found the culprit. The SBo script doesn't use vanilla
> libtorrent and rtorrent source, but a different tarball from some weird
> Fedora mirror. [...]
> Why not use vanilla tarballs for these?

If you look at the git history you will see that those *are* the exact
original vanilla tarballs.

http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/log/libraries/libtorrent
http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/libraries/libtorrent?id=5bf1f14506fcfc868f1e4a1f07c87eb90ea52934
http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/log/network/rtorrent
http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/network/rtorrent?id=b1c28f6a34f677e5c3cf32d90eb6f0ed5b99e83c

As you can see the md5sums are unchanged, those tarballs are exactly
the same as originally on the author's site.  No doubt this was done
because the author removed the original tarballs from the original
tarball's download site.  The author has every right to do that, but
it is a massive pain for everyone. Thanks to Edinaldo and Willy for
finding alternative downloads and fixing the .info files.

> I just built libtorrent 0.13.6 and rtorrent 0.9.6 from the author's
> download site on Github (release tarballs), and they work differently.
> You have to launch ./autogen.sh before ./configure, and the latter
> complains indeed about a missing cppunit.

So you've built newer versions than the SlackBuilds support at the
moment. These kinds of changes from upstream are routine. No doubt
when the SlackBuilds are updated the maintainer will take those
changes into account.

Thanks
-D.