[Slackbuilds-users] Build Errors: qgis-2.10.1

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 25 03:41:13 UTC 2015

On 20/09/15 02:45, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2015, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>
>> Have you tried to rebuilt all the prerequisite as well?
>
>    They're all the current versions:
>
> QScintilla-2.6.1-i486-4
> libspatialindex-1.7.1-i486-1_SBo
> qwt-6.0.2-i486-1_SBo
> psycopg2-2.5.3-i486-1_SBo
> gdal-1.11.2-i486-1_SBo
> numpy-1.9.1-i486-1_SBo
> libspatialite-4.2.0-i486-1_SBo

Those are all the current versions in the SBo repo but some of them are
out of date and should be updated. Doing so is not entirely
straightforward - here are the issues:

1. latest qwt is 6.1.2 (this is where I started since I needed it for a
separate project). There is another problem with qwt - it installs its
.prf & .pri files in the wrong location (this is due to qwt itself, not
the maintainer) so that when building related software, qmake can't find
necessary config & installation information about qwt. I'll email the
maintainer separately about that.

2. libspatialite is now at 4.3.0a. Actually, wget of 4.2.0 returned
"ERROR 404: Not Found.", so this should be updated regardless.

3. freexl is required by libspatialite (not sure why it doesn't appear
in the list above) but the version 1.0.0i in the repo is not acceptable
to libspatialite-4.3.0a. Latest freexl is 1.0.2 which is good for
libspatialite so freexl version should be updated in the repo.

4. qgis itself doesn't immediately like the updated qwt-6.1.2. This is
really because it has its own (now outdated) version of qwtpolar
software. By configuring qgis not to use its internal qwtpolar and
pointing to location of an up to date installed version of qwtpolar,
qgis is able to build to completion. However there is no qwtpolar in SBo
at the moment. I have a qwtpolar SlackBuild ready to submit (or for
someone else to submit/maintain is they want it) but it depends on the
changes to qwt mentioned in point 1 above.

All these issues are interrelated and should be fixed at roughly the
same so that everything will keep working. Actually, its not working
right now unless you happen to have an old version of libspatialite
handy. I'll email qwt & qgis maintainers about potential changes. Can
version updates of libspatialite and freexl be done directly in SBo
repo, or will they need updates from maintainers?

chris