[Slackbuilds-users] Bug in nvidia-driver slackbuild?

Daniel Alayo daniel.alayo at mykolab.ch
Fri Apr 8 20:43:09 UTC 2016

Hello:

This could just be me, I'm not very good at reading scripts.

I trashed my installation of the nvidia-driver, so I had to review what
were the installation scripts doing, and copy, delete or link files myself.

I've noticed that the function nvidia_remove() in script nvidia-switch
tries to remove the symlinks:

/usr/lib/libvdpau-nvidia.so.1
/usr/lib64/libvdpau-nvidia.so.1

But if I'm not wrong, they're not created by the doinst.sh script of the
nvidia-driver SlackBuild.

Also, the doinst.sh script links libvdpau_nvidia.so.$NV_VERSION (notice
the underscore), but script nvidia-switcht tries to delete symlinks
libvdpau-nvidia.so.1 (notice the hyphen).

I've never reported a bud in a slackbuild. If I've understood the
instructions on https://www.slackbuilds.org/bugs/ well, the maintainer
of the slackbuild should be reading this and then correcting it. If
else, please do not be too hard on me...

Thanks,
"PreguntoYo"