[Slackbuilds-users] find in SlackBuilds: again

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 24 17:02:31 UTC 2016

> Maybe it is a good time to change it? It does not sound too secure.
> Somebody might place something bad in the source tarball. And it might be
> just by accident, like in my case. And bad things can follow.

You're focussing on a small theoretical problem.  I remember what
actually happened with Bumblebee....

This is why we prefer not to package release candidates. This is why
it's better to wait a short while after upstream releases a new
version. This is why we have maintainers. This is why I test-build in
a chroot.

-D.