[Slackbuilds-users] qemu-2.6.0-x86_64 looks for library dependency

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:19:37 UTC 2016

> Hello, and thanks to everyone for maintaining the repository.
>
> After upgrading qemu from 2.4.1 to 2.6.0 on Slackware64-14.2 I got the error
>
>  'qemu-system-i386: error while loading shared libraries: libcacard.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory'
>
> and vm would not start.  Installed the libcacard slackbuild and now qemu is running again,
> but the README still says that library should be optional. Has something changed or did I make a mistake?

Hi Cary,

SlackBuilds.org doesn't provide a repository of binary packages so I
think you got your package elsewhere...

https://slackbuilds.org/faq/#packages

I suppose you got a package and not run our SlackBuild because of the
error ("error while loading shared libraries"), that should come from
a qemu package built against libcacard.

and yes, libcacard is an optional dependency when you build qemu from source.

Matteo