[Slackbuilds-users] Preferred way of configuring daemon that takes command line arguments only as its configuration step

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 11:31:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am writing SlackBuild for a daemon that is going to be started from
/etc/rc.d

My question is, what is the preferred way of configuring such a daemon,
that only takes command line arguments for its configuration?

The two possibilities I'm thinking of are:
1. put the configuration variables directly into the /etc/rc.d/rc.daemon
script
2. put the configuration variables into /etc/daemon.conf file and later
on source the file from within /etc/rc.d/rc.daemon

Which way to go?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski