[Slackbuilds-users] [Bug-gnuzilla] icecat 38.8.0 crashes

Henry Jensen hjensen at gmx.de
Wed Aug 17 08:35:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 11:05:28AM -0700, Ivan Zaigralin wrote:

> Finally, I believe there is a niche opening up for a firefox-based browser
> which is libre and meets free software distrubution guidelines like icecat,
> but has no extra privacy features, and passes all the mozilla pearls onto the
> users. Such minimal deblobbing could be potentially more robust: that is, new
> releases could be churned out as quickly and reliably as linux-libre. Looking
> at Parabola's thunderbird & seamonkey builds, I imagine something like that
> could be done for firefox as well. Anyone can step in and claim the glory for
> this one :) I don't have time to write a slackbuild like that and run it by
> FSF, but if anyone did it, I think I would actually switch.

Parabola GNU/linux and ConnochaetOS have such a liberated mozilla based
Browser based an Debian's Iceweasel. Parabola's Iceweasel is based on
current Firefox, ConnochaetOS uses LTS.

https://www.parabola.nu/packages/libre/i686/iceweasel/

https://connochaetos.org/slack-n-free/slack-n-free-14.2/xap/iceweasel-45.3.0-i486-1_libre.txz
https://connochaetos.org/slack-n-free/source/src/iceweasel/