[Slackbuilds-users] Am trying to build a perl module, perl-gd, in order to bring shutter up-to-date

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Sun Aug 21 21:51:15 UTC 2016

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016, unix_lists at f-m.fm wrote:

> Is someone willing to build a perl module  for me, perl-GD, and submit
> it to slackbuilds so that I can update shutter?

I do NOT want to become the maintainer of perl-GD, but I do know its
pitfalls, so I prepared a SlackBuild for anyone willing to pick it up,
see attachment. Just insert your name and e-mail address :-)

Some notes...

The tests don't work.

The Makefile.PL doesn't work at all.

The Build.PL will work but needs a patch because the use of Getopt renders
the usual Build.PL options useless. My patch was made for Slackware 14.1
and also trims the required version down to 0.40 to work with what was a
core module then, but since Module-Build is an external dependency now you
can leave this out.

I didn't have a need for the scripts and was too lazy to clean up
$PKG/usr/bin, so I simply deleted it. As a careful maintainer you should
not do that :-)

Have fun!