[Slackbuilds-users] Am trying to build a perl module, perl-gd, in order to bring shutter up-to-date

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 22:45:14 UTC 2016

On 8/21/16, unix_lists at f-m.fm <unix_lists at f-m.fm> wrote:

> Thanks so much for taking this on. It is very helpful. I'll look at it
> more tomorrow.

I found out why 'Build test' is failing. It's using freetype, rendering
a truetype font into an image, and then comparing pixel-for-pixel to a
reference image. The results aren't *exactly* pixel-for-pixel identical,
so the test fails...  although I can't see the differences when I look
at them side-by-side in an image viewer. Could be the result of the
author using a different version of freetype, or freetype being built
with different CFLAGS on his system, or minor differences in floating
point on my CPU vs his CPU, that sort of thing.

About to submit perl-GD to SBo with a patch that disables just that one
test, the rest of them pass just fine.