[Slackbuilds-users] Problem building qt5 on 14.2

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:48:40 UTC 2016

On 29/08/16 13:27, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> I think it is clearly RAM related. Either RAM is too low (I was using 8
>> GB) or bad.
>
> I don't think it's low RAM issue as i use 2 GB of RAM for my VM and it
> still built fine

This might be related to the amount of RAM, but with connection to the
number of parallel jobs.

When I tried to build qt5 with 4 jobs, 2GB RAM in VM was too little.
Increasing the amount to 4GB solved the problem.

Anyways, I don't recall getting GCC segfault, but rather a graceful
message that I run out of memory.

If you get segfault, then maybe it's something worth reporting to Pat?
(Although running out of memory can surely be segfault cause).

You guys having 8/16/24 or more cores might possibly arrive at that problem.
So, try to lower the number of parallel jobs or increase the amount of
RAM ;-)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski