[Slackbuilds-users] Qt Creator and Clang Code Model / Clang Static Analyzer, anyone?

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:03:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to ask Qt Creator users about how much do you care about Clang
Code Model and Clang Static Analyzer?

The maintainer (André) is about to update the SlackBuild to version
4.2.0, which can no longer use the system-wide LLVM/Clang.

I prepared the SlackBuild in a way that it bundles the required version
of LLVM/Clang (3.9.1 at the time of writing), so the Clang Code Model
and Clang Static Analyzer can work.

The point is that, the compilation time has increased from (in my case)
1 hour to around 2,5 hours, because in addition to the Qt Creator, also
LLVM/Clang has to be compiled.

Should we make it optional or is it vital to you?

Please note, it is completely independent of the system-wide LLVM/Clang
and will be used exclusively by Qt Creator.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski