[Slackbuilds-users] BUG: cannot run pioneer in -current

Eduardo Sanchez sombragris at sombragris.org
Sat Dec 31 16:03:40 UTC 2016

Hi there:

I know this is on -current but I report it here because the problem
might very well exist in 14.2.

I just wanted to try the game pioneer. After downloading the ~400 MB of
source over a slow connection, I was able to build it correctly.
Compiled and installed it without any problem.

However, I cannot run the game. When I invoke it from the command line,
this is the message I see:

$ pioneer
ver  on: Linux

System Name: Linux
Host Name: xxx
Release(Kernel) Version: 4.4.38
Kernel Build Timestamp: #1 SMP Sun Dec 11 15:57:21 CST 2016
Machine Arch: x86_64
Domain Name: (none)

SDL Version 2.0.5
error: OpenGL extension GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc not supported.
Pioneer can not run on your graphics card as it does not support
compressed (DXTn/S3TC) format textures.

=====

According to lspci, my graphics chip is:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT
Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 0b)

Should you have any hint or workaround, I'll be grateful.

Thanks,

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Sánchez Gauto, Abog., Th.M.
Abogado - Traductor Público Matriculado Inglés - Español