[Slackbuilds-users] libvirt: mistake in rc.libvirt

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Wed Feb 24 12:01:05 UTC 2016

Hi,

I've installed libvirt from SBo. I can build virtual machines OK and
everything seems to run fine. As far as I can tell, there's only one
small mistake in rc.libvirt.

As per the README, I added a little startup stanza to /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

# Start libvirt:
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt ]; then
  /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt start
fi

And the corresponding stanza in /etc/rc.d/rc.local_shutdown:

# Stop libvirt:
if [ -x /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt ]; then
  /etc/rc.d/rc.libvirt stop
fi

Now when the machine shuts down (shutdown -h now), I get two error
messages concerning rc.libvirt. At the respective lines 29 and 40 of the
script, there's a "virsh: command not found" error.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr