[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20160113.1

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Wed Jan 13 05:22:45 UTC 2016

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:24:45 -0600
Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> commit 0245fe9253192a768233f97a78101b1255de7139
> Author: Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>
> Date:   Tue Jan 12 22:02:38 2016 -0600
>
>     Public www update: Wed Jan 13 03:59:58 UTC 2016
>
>     This will almost surely be the final regularly scheduled update
>     for the Slackware 14.1 branch here at SlackBuilds.org, since the
>     Slackware -current tree seems to be working its way toward a new
>     and shiny 14.2 release. We'll probably still cherry-pick a few
>     things (e.g. flash plugin) into the 14.1 branch prior to the 14.2
>     release, but understand that our primary focus from here on out
>     will be preparing everything for 14.2 so that we are ready when
>     it's released.
>
>     As always, thanks for your support over the years - it's a lot of
>     work, but I think I can speak for all of us admins when I say that
>     this is project is very rewarding and worth the time and effort.
>
>     Happy Slacking!

For any of you maintainers with git repo access, if you have some
showstopper fixes (e.g. bad download links - here's looking at you,
Ryan) that you want to get into the 14.1 branch, make a branch like
"user/yournick/for-14.1"

Probably wouldn't hurt at this point to, for the sake of clarity,
have any branches intended for 14.2 titled as "for-14.2" or some
such.

-RW