[Slackbuilds-users] Postgresql default data dir

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 07:27:43 UTC 2016

I note that using the SBo script, the default data dir for PostgreSQL is
set under /usr/share. The default PostgreSQL data dir (if not set) is
under /usr/local. I always thought that the aim is to have
non-changeable files under /usr (or rarely changeable). Even Gentoo and
Ubuntu have it under /var/lib. I was wondering if the SBo script
shouldn't attempt to follow the same sane path and have it under
something like /var/lib or /srv or something?