[Slackbuilds-users] [Slackbuild users] Postfix and dovecot with PostgreSQL

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Thu Jul 7 09:16:31 UTC 2016

On 07/07/16 09:44, Mario Preksavec wrote:
> On 07/04/2016 08:10 AM, Eugen Wissner wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> one question to Postfix maintainer, Mario Preksavec: Can you please add
>> optional PostgreSQL support to the build script? I'm using postfix and
>> dovecot with postgresql and it would be nice to have an option to
>> enable it without editing the script each time. I'm attaching a patch
>> for postfix.
>>
>> Something similar would be nice for dovecot aswell. Dovecot just
>> requires --with-pgsql option to be built with PostgreSQL support.
>

> Hey Eugen,
>
> sorry for not replying any sooner, I am preparing for a short break the
> next week :-)
>
> Anyway, I am using PostgreSQL with some other packages as well, and I
> will gladly make it work with postfix and dovecot. Please give me a few
> days to review your work.

That's great! I'm in the same boat - I use Exim and Dovecot with PostgreSQL.

Now only if the stock PHP would also include the PostgreSQL module! Come
to think of it, there was talk on LinuxQuestions about including
PostgreSQL alongside MariaDB by default in Slackware - now that would
make sense, considering how widely used PostgreSQL is!