[Slackbuilds-users] QGIS 2.16.0 testing

Benjamin Trigona-Harany slackbuilds at jaxartes.net
Sun Jul 10 16:07:09 UTC 2016

On 10/07/16 04:48 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> If anyone has a moment, could they help test this update to QGIS? The
>> 2.16.0 release won't build without passing a -j2 (yes 2) flag to make,
>> which is a first for me. Over in Arch, there's a similar report and
>> resolution but I don't really feel comfortable with submitting this
>> update without more confirmation.
>>
>> SlackBuild attached with hardcoded -j2.
>
> I see various reports
> some able to build with -j4 and -j8

Most people are reporting success with -j4 but it's more about the build
being done in parallel rather than a particular number of cores. I
confirmed with -j2 here since I'd rather not force -j4 or -j8 on people
with a single core or who intentionally limit to just one.

I suppose nothing sums up the situation better than this:
make ${MAKEFLAGS:-${NUMJOBS:-j$(($(getconf _NPROCESSORS_ONLN)+1))}}

Thanks Johannes & David for suggestions